We offer a Dual Credit Educator Preparation Program for secondary educators who wish to teach dual credit courses for high school students. This content specific endorsement is a recognized credential across the State of Illinois and can be added to your existing professional educators license (PEL).
This program has been created with YOU in mind! We have separate paths for educators who already hold a master's degree as well as for those who need to earn a master’s to qualify for the dual credit endorsement.
Most courses are online and instructors are willing to work with you wherever you are in the state.
- English Composition
- English Literature
- General Math
Dual Credit Endorsement Plus MSEd
Students will need the Curriculum and Instruction core (18-21 hours), plus the 18 credits from their endorsement program.
Core Curriculum with Options for Electives
Curriculum and Instruction Core Courses (18-21 Hours)
- CI500: Introduction to Research
- CI503: Introduction to the Curriculum
- CI504: Systematic Approaches to Instruction
- CI514: Theories of Development and Learning
- CI402: Cultural Diversity in Education and Family Services
- CI544: Action Research Methods
- CI594: Practicum